WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR CHILDREN
IF YOU CAN’T BE THERE FOR THEM ANYMORE?
Having a legal will may not ensure your children will be taken care of the way you want.
If you’re a parent, your estate plan should begin by making sure your children will be cared for by the people you trust,
the way you want.
Without proper planning, here’s what could follow if the unthinkable were to happen to you:
- Your children could be placed in the care of the state’s Child Protective Services, in the arms of strangers, even if you have a will.
- A judge who doesn’t know you, or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it’s someone you would never choose.
- Your family could fall into a long, drawn out custody fight, or there could be a challenge to the guardians you designated.
- Up to 10% of your assets could be lost to court costs and other fees through the probate process. The court process could tie up your assets for years, and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably.
- When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left. There are unscrupulous people out there who make it their business to look at the public records to find out when 18 year-olds are getting that inheritance check
If your family lives outside of the US, your children could face situations that are more serious:
- The foreign country might not have reliable emergency Child Protective Services, and your children could be out on the street, with no protection, if something happens to you.
- Under the Hague Abduction Convention, an international treaty signed by 94 countries, custody of a child is determined by the law of the country where the child habitually lives. So a foreign judge will make a decision about who will take care of your children.
- Without a rightfully authorized guardian, a child cannot travel outside of the foreign country to be with your family back home.
- The process of resolving custody in a foreign court and safely taking your children out of the foreign country will take a great amount of time and effort, without advanced legal planning.
We all love our children. That’s why we work so hard, build up our businesses, and accumulate assets; so we can hand them over to our children when we pass.
Without a proper plan in place, you are risking all the dreams, assets and success you have worked for all your – either to be taken by probate, or put into the hands of people and businesses who prey on those who lack adequate protection.
We consider one of the most important roles as lawyers is to give our clients that protection. To enable them to continue to have a meaningful contribution to their children’s lives, even after they have gone.
That’s why we want to help you to prepare bulletproof legal documents to protect your children in any emergency, so that you can be assured you did everything for them, and that they’re taken care of, even after you’re no longer there to protect them.
Here’s what is included in our Kids’ Protection Plan
- Guardian nomination documents.
- We help you to choose a guardian through a foolproof process, if you are not sure whom you want to name as legal guardians for your children.
- Letters to guardians to instruct them how to take care of your children.
- Babysitter emergency instructions.
- Medical power of attorney for minor children.
- And more documents customized to your particular situation.
Once you create your Kids Protection Plan with us, we’ll update documents free of charge until your children reach 18 years old.
Ensuring your children’s future is the top priority in your estate planning. That is why we help you create your Kids’ Protection Plan separate from your estate planning documents.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT PLAN IN PLACE, YOU ARE NOT HAVING A SAY IN WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR CHILDREN IN THE EVENT YOU ARE NO LONGER THERE TO PROTECT THEM.
TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS TODAY.
Choose the plan that fits your family situation:
Kids Protection Plan for families living in US
YOUR LIFETIME INVESTMENT
Kids Protection Plan for families living outside of US
YOUR LIFETIME INVESTMENT
If you want to ensure your children are safe and cared for, even if something were to happen to you, click the button below to schedule a free confidential consultation.